Wood is one material found in the home that is likely to last. To achieve a long life, it needs care to keep from drying out. Oil is one of the essentials necessary for caring for your wooden furniture. In contrast to other products, the oil will help relieve your furniture of that dry, thirsty, and dull look. It may be from exposure to direct sunshine or other hot conditions. Oil finishes give back your furniture a natural look and counter drying.
Furthermore, most of these oils are non-toxic and are environmentally friendly. Also, they are made of food-safe ingredients, which make them family-friendly as compared to other products.
The question in your mind may now be on the best oil for dry wood furniture. This article is a complete guide to the best oils you can trust to bring back that natural glow in your wooden furniture.
1. WALRUS OIL – Furniture Finish, Polymerizing Safflower Oil and Hemp Seed Oil – for Hardwood Tables, Chairs, and More. 100% Vegan, 8oz Bottle
Walrus oil is a curing oil finish. It is made from Hemp Seed Oil, a bit of Lime, and Polymerizing Safflower Oil. It can be applied to all kinds of furniture around the house. The directions on usage are quite clear. You just need to apply then leave the oil to dry for 1-2 days. After, you can rub off the remaining bit. Usually, it takes about a month for the wood to fully regain its natural beauty and grain pattern.
The product soaks perfectly into the wood and can be used for all your woodworking activities. For both interior use and exterior use. The fact that it is made food-safe ingredients makes it ideal for even utensils.
- Size – 7.2 x 4.88 x 1.38 inches
- Weight – 9.2 ounces
- Quantity – 80z
- Manufacturer – Walrus Oil
- This furniture finish is made from natural materials that are non-toxic and eco-friendly.
- You only require the application of one coat. Another coat can be applied only after the piece of furniture has been cured.
- The product is very easy to use. The application only requires three simple steps, highlighted above.
- Upon drying, the product leaves a smooth and beautiful matte finish.
- The oil finish is made of food-safe ingredients.
- It can be of both interior and exterior use.
- The oil finish takes longer to dry. 1-2 days can be longer compared to those that can do it in even 6 hours.
- The finish has a bit of a scent.
2. Magic Wood Deep Cleaner and Polish – 17 Ounce – Heavy Use Wood Furniture Cabinet Table Chair Natural Brazilian Carnauba Wax and Oil – Streak Free
It has Brazilian Carnauba Wax, which works to bring back the natural wood color and shine. The wax also works well in hiding scratches. The product also offers protection to your wood. This is because it is dirt, water, and grime resistant.
It is a daily use product that ensures continued maintenance of wood surfaces. This also ensures that the cabinets, wood surfaces, or furniture are not damaged or do not age untimely.
The only steps required are spraying and wiping. Pretty easy.
- Size – 2.63 x 2.63 x 9.88 inches
- Brand – MAGIC
- Weight – 1 Pounds
- Quantity – 17oz
- Manufacturer – Magic
- It is a multi-purpose product, which works to clean, polish, and protect the wooden surfaces and cabinets.
- It works perfectly on grease removal and food stains as well.
- The product is water, grime, and dirt resistant, ensuring that you no longer see watermarks, dirt, and grime. It also works perfectly in hiding scratches.
- It is made with Brazilian Carnauba Wax as an ingredient, which helps to bring back the wood’s natural shine and color.
- The cleaner and polish have no odor, only a light and pleasant scent.
- It is a daily application product, which means that it doesn’t last on wood.
- The product may not be ideal for floors
Looking for a good oil that penetrates the wood and whose vanish will not harden on the wood? Watco Rust-Oleum A65741 Danish Oil Wood Finish, Quart, Natural is the product for you. The oil soaks perfectly into the wood, and the varnish hardens in the wood as opposed to on the wood as is the case with other products. This ensures that your piece is well protected. It also ensures that the wood reappears’ with its natural feel and beauty, giving it a warm and rich shine.
Usage follows only two quick steps, which are applying it then wiping off the excess. Drying takes only six hours, which is pretty quick. This product also ensures that there is no peeling, abrasion, spills, and chipping.
- Manufacturer – Rust-Oleum
- Weight – 1.8 pounds
- Size – 4.63 x 2.5 x 7.5 inches
- Color – Natural
- Volume – 1 Quarts
- Usage is easy since it follows only two simple steps highlighted above.
- This product ensures that the natural beauty, shine, and grain pattern of the furniture is restored.
- Guarantees ultimate protection and prevents penetration of moisture into your piece of furniture.
- The varnish hardens inside the wood instead of on the wood, as is the case for other products.
- You can apply the product on many items at a go in less than an hour, and it takes very little time to dry.
- It can be used on a variety of surfaces; the stripped, bare, or sanded surfaces.
- It can be used for staining wood to enhance its look.
- It is only ideal for indoors and cannot be used for floors, which is quite limiting.
- The product is combustible, so caution is advised
- The oil is not food-safe and can, therefore, be toxic
- It is not a one-time application product and may require a periodic application.
- It has a bit of an odor.
4. All Natural Wood Seasoning Wax Tin by Virginia Boys Kitchens – 4 Ounce Coconut Oil and Beeswax Food Safe Sealer for Cutting Board, Bowl and Houseware… (1)
For those that enjoy good looking wooden furniture and kitchen items, this product is ideal. The ingredients that make this product are three natural products: orange essential oil, beeswax, and coconut oil. These are food-safe ingredients that make the wax non-toxic and ideal for kitchen cutting boards, bowls, and other kitchen items.
The product soaks deeper into the wood. This ensures that your furniture or wooden items remain for a long time healthy since it aids in restoring, repairing, and rehydrating wood. The wax perfectly seals the wood to protect it from moisture, stains from spilled foods or drinks, and bad smells. The result is a smooth finish with a gorgeous look and glow that lasts longer.
- Size – 3 x 3 x 1 inches;
- Quantity – 4 Ounces
- Manufacturer – Virginia Boys Kitchens
- Easy usage. You only need to apply it on the wood using a pad provided by the manufacturer
- The orange essential oil leaves an appealing scent on your furniture or wood
- The product offers good value for money since it works to protect, seal, preserve the wood from cracking and warping, and give it a smooth finish.
- It is food-safe and made of natural and organic ingredients that make it safe to apply on countertops, bowls, and other kitchen items.
- The manufacturer guarantees all your purchase money back if you are not satisfied with the product.
- The manufacturer plants a tree per purchase, which is a good cause
- It takes only one hour to dry.
- Maybe a bit tiring on your wrist if applying on larger surfaces.
- The product is a little costly.
This oil is best for dense kind of wood. It soaks well into the wood and ensures that the natural look, warmth, grain, and glow of the wood is restored. It is applicable for both interior and exterior furniture. Additionally, it can be used for marine surfaces, but those that are above the water level.
The wood finish is a multi-purpose kind of oil since it can be used for repairs, maintenance, cleaning, staining, preparation, and protection.
- Manufacturer – Minwax
- Weight – 2.3 pounds
- Size – 2.43 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches
- Color – Quart
- It can be used for both interior and exterior work. Also applicable for marine wood but that which is above the water level.
- It can be used for a variety of purposes such as staining, cleaning, repairing, among others.
- The product ensures that your wood does darken pretty well compared to other products in the market
- It offers quality protection from moisture and UV rays.
- It is not food safe and hence not suitable for sensitive kitchenware.
- It is not a one-time application oil. It requires one to periodically apply.
- The oil is a bit sticky before it dries. Ants, hair, or anything that falls on it before it is fully dry may stick on your wood.
- It has quite a strong scent, so ensure you work in an open or well-ventilated environment
6. Caron & Doucet – Cutting Board & Butcher Block Conditioning & Finishing Oil | 100% Plant-Based & Vegan, Best for Wood & Bamboo Conditioning & Finishing, Makes Cleaning Wood Easier | Mineral oil FREE
The oil penetrates deep into the wood, ensuring that every fiber is well hydrated, repaired, and conditioned. Protection from cracking, warping, and defilement from food, water, and other substances is guaranteed.
From its name, it is the ideal product for cutting boards. It is manufactured through a process of solventless refinement. This provides for the total elimination of fats or oils on the wood. The result of this is that bad smells from wood are eliminated, and the wood does not go rancid.
- Size – 4.75 x 1.75 x 1.75 inches
- Weight – 4.2 ounces
- Manufacturer – Caron Brands Inc
- Quantity– 236ml
- It is made of natural and organic ingredients that make the product food safe and non-toxic.
- Usage only needs application of a small amount of it
- The oil ensures that food does not stick on the wood, making it easy to clean your kitchenware.
- After using it, it does not take much time to clean your hands.
- There is no unpleasing odor emitted by the product.
- The manufacturer guarantees all your money back if not fully satisfied by the product.
- When washing the utensils or wood piece, you can feel some of the oil coming out over time.
- It is not for a one-time application; hence, it needs periodic application.
- The oil is a little costly.
All the products mentioned above offer quality service for different needs. Depending on what you need, you can now make a pick. But, if you are still on crossroads, below is a buyer’s guide to enhance decision making.
Best Oil For Kitchen Items
The All-Natural Wood Seasoning Wax Tin by Virginia Boys Kitchens – 4 Ounce Coconut Oil and Beeswax Food Safe Sealer for Cutting Board, Bowl and Houseware is the ideal oil. This is because it is made of natural ingredients that are non-toxic and hence food-safe. This makes it ideal for kitchen countertop, cutting boards, even bowls, and other kitchen items. The Caron & Doucet – Cutting Board & Butcher Block Conditioning & Finishing Oil also works well here.
Best Darkening Oil
If you prefer a darker look, go for the Minwax 671004444 Teak Oil, quart. It darkens your piece of wood, giving it a richer brown color.
Best Oil for Hardwood Furniture – WALRUS OIL
Furniture Finish, Polymerizing Safflower Oil and Hemp Seed Oil serves your hardwood furniture better. It is easy to apply, and once dried, there is no need for a periodic application.
Best Oil For A Thicker Finish
Magic Wood Deep Cleaner and Polish – 17 Ounce – Heavy Use Wood Furniture Cabinet Table Chair Natural Brazilian Carnauba Wax and Oil – Streak Free has carnauba wax as an ingredient. Usually, carnauba is used as a thickening agent for products such as beauty products. This carnauba wax ensures a thick, smooth, and glossy, beautiful finish.
Best Durable Oil
If you are looking for a durable product that will give you great value for your money, get the Watco Rust-Oleum A65741 Danish Oil Wood Finish, Quart, Natural. The product ensures that you do not need to coat periodically, last longer on wood, and is the most trusted by experienced woodworkers.
The Best Oil To Deal With Rancidity And Bad Smells Of Wood
Caron & Doucet – Cutting Board & Butcher Block Conditioning & Finishing Oil is manufactured through solventless refinement. This ensures total elimination of fats or oils on the wood, completely dealing with rancidity and bad smells of wood.
We hope that this guide and the article have helped offer direction on the best product depending on what you require. Purchasing has been made easier now. If you are still puzzled about the best oil for dry wood furniture, we welcome you to through our other product reviews.
Above are the top six best oils for dry wood furniture products i=on the market. Each fits a different use. However, I would recommend the All Natural Wood Seasoning Wax Tin by Virginia Boys Kitchens – 4 Ounce Coconut Oil and Beeswax Food Safe Sealer for Cutting Board, Bowl and Houseware oil. It is made of natural and organic ingredients that make it food safe and, therefore, non-toxic. This makes it ideal for kitchen woodware such as cutting boards, bowls, etc. It also has an orange scent that is quite appealing. Again, we welcome you to go through our other reviews for better decision making.