Among major woodworking companies, PSI is a market leader whose products are preferred by woodworkers all over the globe. With their extraordinary designs and quality products that are often multifunctional, PSI also offers products at reasonable and affordable rates.
In this product review, we’ll be reviewing some of PSI’s popular mini lathe accessories and dust collector accessories.
PSI Woodworking Products
PSI Woodworking is based out of Philadelphia and has been serving the woodworking industry for nearly two decades now. Their offerings include pen crafting supplies, mini lathes, turning projects and also have a wide line of dust collecting accessories.
To enable readers to make a more informed decision about their purchase, we have carefully specified the positives and the negatives of each of the products listed below.
We are going to give a brief description of five PSI accessories that you can shop right now. The PSI woodworking products are not just popular, but some of the best on the market. Here is a quick look at the picks we have for you today.
The PSI Woodworking Products TM32 1/2-Inch Drill Chuck comes with a 1/2″ Drill Chuck, Jaw Tightening Key, and #2 Morse Taper Arbor. The ease to hold dowels, small turnings, drill bits, and pen mandrel shafts come from its jaw tightening key. This tool offers a better grip which can be removed anytime using a knockout bar.
- Made of steel with a 2MT tip and a weight of 1.9 pounds
- Dimensions are 5x3x2.9 inches for the TM32 model number
- Two year warranty provided by the manufacturer, which is applicable to normal product usage
- Does not require a battery
- Jaw operations are smooth and easy
- The chuck offers strong support even in case of extra torque
- Works exceptionally well for making huge holes in a metal or wooden item
- Gives a flawless finish to any work
- Available at budget-friendly rates
- Relatively heavy
- Draw bolt not included
Woodwork is a messy business and it takes time to clean. This remote dust collector remote switch can help you clean the aftermath of productive woodwork effortlessly. The PSI Woodworking LR220-3 Long Ranger III 220V Remote Dust Collector Starter Switch comes with a 9V battery, hand control, and receiver.
The tool saves you the trouble of getting up in the middle of a crucial project to switch on a dust collector with a simple on/off button on the transmitter. It has a 50ft range and a 5ft cord on the receiver module. It is FCC approved and the RF signal goes through walls with no outside interference. It has unlimited programmable frequencies and comes with extra hand controls (LRTM-3).
Priced at about $79, the remote dust collector starter switch is a complete value for money with its remote operations.
- Range of 50ft
- Maximum current of 16A
- The maximum power capacity is 2.5HP
- It needs an input voltage of 208-240 volts
- The tool dimensions are 5.5×7.75×3.35 inches
- Two year warranty provided by the manufacturer
- Comes with a 9V battery
- FCC approved
- Enabled with countless programmable frequencies
- RF signal
- The tool’s performance is unaffected by external electrical signals, huge TV transformers, or three phase power sources
- Remote operated receiver and transmitter
- Installation process is smooth
- Heavy, weighs two pounds
3. PSI Woodworking Products LABAR418 Lathe Spindle Adapter for a 1-Inch by 8TPI Spindle to 1-1/2-Inch by 8TPI Chuck
This adapter will convert your lathe spindle from 1 inch x 8 TPI to 1.5 inch x 8 TPI male thread. It allows you to use your chuck on different lathes. No need to purchase a different chuck for another lathe.
The tool is available for about $20. The Amazon customer reviews further highlight the multiple benefits of the adapter. If you want precision and versatility, this lathe spindle adapter is a perfect choice.
- The 8 ounces tool is a lathe spindle adapter
- Its size is 2.9 x 2.5 x2.1 inches
- Minutely cut threads with a black, iodized finish
- Flexibility to use the spindle on various lathes
- Dispenses with the need for a different chuck for a different lathe
- Makes the chuck adjustable
- Easy operation
- A highly stable tool
- Complete value for the money
- A highly precise work performance
- It works well with a large lathe
- Shipment is available in select places outside the USA
- It comes with a standard nut instead of a Jam Nut
- Only a few threads stick out when installed on some lathes
The faceplate is entirely made of stainless steel and fits any lathe with a 1 inch x 8 TPI spindle thread. It has four screw mounting holes and two machined flats that make it easy to grip with a wrench.
The lathe faceplate is available for $20 on Amazon and its 4.6 customer ratings prove its popularity and usefulness. Based on these ratings, you should feel no hesitation whatsoever when buying this lathe faceplate. It will not only meet your expectations but might also potentially surpass them.
- 12.3 ounces
- Its 3 inches without the screw chuck
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 3.1 x1.1 inches
- Stainless steel
- The tool has a two year warranty provided by the manufacturer
- Each faceplate has four screw mounting holes
- Perfect for making small bowls
- Works equally well on any lathe with a 1 inch x 8 TPI spindle thread
- This product comes with a 2 year manufacturing warranty
- The machine flats make it easy to grip when attaching and detaching
- Machined to accommodate 8 wood screws (12 inch), thus ensures stability.
- It’s highly stable
- Accurate design
- Good Value
- It’s heavy to use
- May not be suitable for larger lathes
5. PSI Woodworking Products TM32KL 1/2-Inch Keyless Drill Chuck with #2 Morse Taper Arbor (1/2″ 2MT Keyless)
The keyless drill chuck is another popular product offered by PSI. It has a 2MT mount and is capable of holding drill bits up to .5 inches in diameter. It can be easily tightened by hand, thus doing away with the need for a chuck key. They can be easily used in the tailstock or headstock.
The product is ideal for drilling with your lathe. Simply put the wood piece in the headstock, the drill bit in the tailstock, and then feed the wood into the drill. The part can then be easily removed with a knockout bar.
- Weighs 1.63 pounds
- The dimensions of the product are 5.1 x 2.9 x 2.8 inches
- The product has a two year warranty provided by the manufacturers
- The warranty is applicable for normal product usage
- The product is removed with a knockout bar
- The 2MT arbor accepts .25 inch x 20 TPI draw bolt
- The product perfectly holds drill bits, dowels, small turnings, pen mandrel shafts, etc
- The steel composition gives it a sturdy build
- It’s easy to use
- Accuracy and precision are one of the key features of this product
- Good value
- Easy to install
- May need a chuck key
While the Karcher pressure washer surface cleaner is not from PSI Woodworking, it’s the perfect cleaning tool. It provides you with an easy-to-use pressure cleaning attachment for a professional level cleaning. The surface cleaner works well with your pressure washer (up to 3200 PSI) to quickly deliver professional level cleaning without any splash back.
It covers a cleaning area of 15 inches with its two rotating nozzles that spin at a speed of 1500 RPMs. Once you’re finished with woodworking, use the Karcher pressure washer attachment to clean up difficult messes in your workspace.
- 15 inch diameter cleaning area
- 3200 PSI
- It’s compatible with electric models of K1700-K2000
- It works well with all brands with 3200 PSI rating
- It has a rotation speed of 1500rpm
- It uses two nozzles instead of one
- Completes cleaning four times faster than a regular pressure washer attachment
- It leaves no streak marks while using this cleaner as the nozzles are fixed at a certain height from the cleaning surface.
- It cleans large areas such as driveways, decks, patios, and sidewalks with perfect ease
- The splash-free skirt cleans surfaces while keeping you dry
- The dual nozzle cleaning technology reduces the cleaning time
- Easy to use
- The cleaner attachment works only with a washer having a flow rate of 2.7gpm or less
- Only suitable for cleaning floor/ground surfaces, though it may be usable for some side surfaces
Quick Buyer’s Guide
PSI has been popular in offering the best products for woodwork. As seen above, PSI provides various accessories for mini lathes, pen crafting, dust collectors, and more. While there are other accessories for mini lathes available in the market, we found the above options to be the best in terms of their offerings and functionality.
All the products have proven to give users value for their money. Not only that, but their convenience and ease of use has made them a popular choice for many. Most of these products come with a two year warranty, which means that PSI stands by their products, giving us peace of mind when we buy a new tool or accessory.
As a couple of added pointers, we have provided some additional tips:
- Be sure to research a product further before making a purchase to ensure that it is compatible with the lathe you already own.
- If you can, try and stick with the same brand as often as possible as small differences in the manufacturing process may make parts from different brands less compatible than advertised.
- When woodworking or adjusting your tools, always wear protective clothing or gear to prevent injury.
In case you were uncertain about what suitable accessories to buy for your lathe, we assure you, these PSI woodworking products will serve you well. We hope this report has proven useful and has helped you in your decision making process. Happy woodworking!