Woodcutting is a hobby for some while it may be a passion for others, in any case, you might need a good wood saw in your toolbox to help you with all the woodcutting needs you have or may arise in the future.
Cut wood for your fire stock in winter, remove unnecessary trees from your backyard or make furniture for your home by cutting the wood from the right places using our top 6 picks for the best hand saws.
At the end of this guide, you will be able to answer all your complicated queries regarding the best hand saws for cutting wood.
Dealing in hand axes, hand saws, and other wood cutting products, this company is providing its customers with all the tools they need for perfect wood cutting. We bring you the first product on our list, WilFiks hand saw.
This saw comes right out of the box with a carbon steel build. With its 16 inch long blade and 9 threads per inch, this product provides effective and above:standard wood cutting solutions with superior quality and a long life.
Specially designed for effortless use, this saw manages to provide users with an ergonomic design and anti-slip gripping properties. This design is made to reduce the fatigue one experiences while carrying out the labor intensive job of wood cutting.
A universal handle size allows you to work comfortably regardless of the size of your hands. The special cutout handle design will provide better cutting angles, hence providing a premium finish to your wood.
Induced with three:cut surface technology, this saw effectively removes chips while performing woodcutting tasks. This wood saw promises to deliver 50% faster cutting compared to traditional wood saws.
The best part about this product is that it is not only limited to woodcutting, but it can also be used to cut plastic, making it a good one to go solution in your house.
- Material Used: Carbon Steel
- Size: 16 Inches
- Dimensions: 18.5 inches x 5.8 inches x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 13.6 ounces
- Used for: Woodcutting, gardening, trimming and pruning
- Brand: WilFiks
- First class quality
- Long life and durable
- It is simple to use
- Can be used against multiple surfaces
- It promises to provide faster cutting
- Designed to help overcome exhaustion
- It is lightweight and safe to use
- It is only available in one size
- It might require maintenance
- It is limited in length
Our 2nd product is Coher’s Folding hand saw, compact in size, and dainty in weight. Being small in size does not mean that it will not be up to the mark for your wood cutting tasks. This product provides assurances against rust and ensures fine quality results.
This product is not specific to one niche or group in the market but can be availed by anyone, with its numerous and diverse uses, such as woodcutting, pruning, and hunting. This product might be good to have in any situation, especially survival situations.
The foldable design with its congenial grip made of ergonomic anti-slipping features is especially useful. There is no blade exposure of any kind when it is folded. This will be safe and easy to use for people who are newbies at wood cutting.
With razor teeth, the Coher saw will easily penetrate hard and rough wooden surfaces, providing a faster sawing rate.
- Material Used: 65 millinewton steel and TPR body
- Size: 17.3 inches
- Dimensions: 7.50 inches x 2.10 inches x 0.90 inches
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Used for: Woodcutting, pruning purposes, etc
- Brand: Coher
- It is small in size
- It is extremely light in weight
- Can be used for several purposes
- It is safe to use and hold
- It possesses a high quality blade
- This product has anti-rusting properties
- This might not be suitable for large pieces of wood
- It has a plastic body
- It is only meant for wood and maybe fabrics (ropes, in survival situations)
Made for wood cutting, this product uses M2 high speed steel technology and triple cut teeth shape practically allows it to cut most surfaces. The blade also comes with a lacquer covering and pitch tapered nose, providing swift and sprightly cuts.
The company offers the best quality for this product and ensures durability as it does with many of its other products.
Its handle also provides an easy grip and ergonomic comfort, reducing the fatigue conventional wood saws cause and it also guarantees faster cutting. It is also extremely light.
Many people face the problem of chip residue while cutting wood and to ensure that you stay carefree regarding this issue, Irwin has manufactured this saw with gaping gullets.
Let us dive into the specifications of this product.
- Material Used: Steel
- Size: 15 inches
- Dimensions: 18.8 inches x 5.5 inches x 4.8 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
- Used for: Carpentry
- Brand: Irwin
- High quality
- It has the latest M2 steel teeth technology
- It will cut through most surfaces
- This item offers a comfortable grip
- The weight of this product is light
- It will cut wood faster
- It may possess safety concerns (check woodcutting safety rules)
- It might not be perfect for domestic use
- It has a limited length
- It might require frequent maintenance
Now we bring you our fifth pick for the best hand saw for cutting wood. From the largest company in the private sector, manufacturing hand tools, and equipment, we bring you Greatneck’s TPI crosscut saw.
Pre-fabricated with carbon steel and 12 TPI blade, this saw will leave nothing in one piece.
These two features are ideal for quality and resilience: side by side they will provide you with excellent cutting power against any kind of craggy or rough surface.
Its handle is made of hardwood to provide it with an aesthetic look while simultaneously offering it protection against harsh weather conditions.
However, this might be the most interesting feature of any product that is mentioned in this list: this saw comes with a lifetime guarantee! Yes, that is absolutely what you read, Greatneck promises to cover any kind of damage under their guarantee and this is a pretty attractive scheme for many consumers.
- Material Used: Carbon Steel
- Size: 26 inches
- Quantity: Available in a single unit and a pack of 5
- Used for: Wood cutting and carpentering.
- Brand: GreatNeck
- This product will give you premium quality and durability
- It penetrates through most materials
- It provides a high quality handle
- The handle is weather resistant
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee
- This saw has an optimum size
- The grip may not be the most comfortable
- It may not be easy to use/best for professionals
- This product needs to be used in conjunction with safety equipment
- This product is not recommended for beginners
- This might not be the best option for domestic use
- This product is a little expensive
Constructed with Japan’s Sk5 carbon steel and Razor-Teeth technology, these specifications will be enough to maintain its quality and cut two times more wood than normal saws.
Tri-ground teeth provide ample sharpness to overcome difficult wood. It will also ensure that your cuts come out clean. The curved blade provides various and easy angles, therefore, managing your woodcutting job easily.
The blade is manufactured after a heating process and it will surely provide you with long lasting life and durability.
- Material Used: Japanese Sk5 carbon steel
- Size: 18 inches
- Dimensions: 1 inch x 5 inches x 23.5 inches.
- Weight: 1.05 pounds.
- Used for: Woodcutting and Pruning
- Brand: Corona
- It comes with the latest technology
- It provides the finest quality results
- It is a durable product
- It has a curved blade
- Extremely sharp and maintains edge
- It has an ergonomic grip
- This product cuts limited sizes of wood
- This might not be reliable for indoor wood cutting
The last product on our list comes from the brand Silky Saws. The big boy 2000 has many features that might attract the right niche.
Starting from its build quality, this product offers a firm chrome based blade, which is slightly tilted to provide the best cut and ease of use. Comfort is enhanced by its amazing cushioned handle.
The 14 ½ inch long blade has a foldable design and huge teeth layout (5.5 inches). No wonder it is called the BigBoy! Yet, it still provides super smooth cuts against rough wood.
- Material Used: Chrome plated
- Size: 14 ½ inches
- Dimensions: 29.90 inches x 3.50 inches x 0.80 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
- Used for: Woodcutting and Pruning
- Brand: Silky Saws
- Excellent quality
- It is easy to use
- The sharp and huge blade teeth provide smooth cutting
- It is comfortable to grip
- It supports two-handed use
- It is safe to use
- It is quite expensive
- It might not be the best option for small pieces
- It may not be suitable for indoor woodcutting
Buyer’s Guide: Pick the Best One for Your Needs
Industrial Centric: Irwin’s Hand Saw
This might be the perfect blend for you if you are someone involved in industrial work or a wood cutting occupation. It doesn’t compromise on quality and will give you the best all around package for your wood working needs.
Domestic Centric: GreatNeck’s CrossCut Saw
For someone who likes to build and maintain their domestic furniture and wooden products or carry out simple wood cutting tasks, the Greatneck’s Crosscut saw is the best option.
Comes with a lifetime guarantee, premium quality, and beautiful design: it is also the best option for long term domestic use.
Gardening and Yard Lovers: WilFiks Hand Saw
People who love to take care of their gardens and trees should invest in this product. It offers a carbon steel build in an acceptable price range, making it a top quality product.
It is able to cut through wood and plastic, providing you with all the features you need for effective gardening and pruning.
The Adventure Lovers: Coher Folding Hand Saw
If you are planning to go hiking, camping, or if you are the person who loves to set off on an adventure, this product is a must have for you.
It has proved to be effective in survival situations.
For all the DIY project makers and lawn workers out there, having a wood saw is a requirement. By having this extremely handy tool you can cut wood all by yourself without having to spend any extra money or waiting for trained expensive woodcutters to come and do the work that you could have easily done yourself.
We hope that you are now able to decide which is the best hand saw for cutting wood for you and we hope you are going to make a sound decision with all the aforementioned information now at your disposal.