If you are someone who loves to cut wood as a hobby or if you are a professional woodcutter, you might already know that saw blades play an important role in how efficiently and effectively you can cut wood.
In order to save you from scouring the internet, we bring you the top 6 best saw blades for cutting wood that are available on the market today.
Best Saw Blades for Cutting Wood
In this guide, we shall cover all the saw blades best for cutting different types of woods. Whether you are a carpenter, a woodcutter, or you just need the best saw blades for domestic use, this buying guide is tailored for you.
Our first product is from Calistro and is made out of carbon steel, this saw blade comes with 6 teeth per inch, giving you a fast wood cutting option. This product is usable with any of the famous saw brands, for instance, Makita, Porter & Cable, Dewalt, and many more.
This blade ensures a professional standard and offers fair quality results. Using carbon steel it also provides maximum durability and a long life. You won’t have to change these blades for a while.
This product is only usable with reciprocating motor saws and might not be a good option for you if you are looking for blades for manual saws.
For some, the 6 inch blade size might not be enough. However, even in this size, this saw blade proves to be really potent and functional.
- Build Material: Carbon steel
- Function: It is used for woodcutting and pruning
- Size: It comes in 6 inches size
- Dimensions: 7.5 inches x 2.4 inches x 0.5 inches
- Weight: ThIs product weighs around 0.15 pounds
- Quantity: It comes in a pack of 8
- Brand: Calistro
- This product offers its users fair quality
- This product is quite durable
- It comes in a high quantity pack
- It is usable with all major saw brands
- It is a professional standard saw blade
- It comes with a plastic casing
- It is only usable with reciprocating saws or Sawzall saws
- It does not provide an optimum length
- Due to its length, it might not be best for large wood
Our second item hails from the world famous brand Dewalt. Known for its quality products, this surely is a leading brand in the USA. Specializing in power tools, Dewalt brings us its saw blades for reciprocating saws.
Made with quality steel, this product is good enough to cut any surface, whether it is wood, metal, or plastic: none will be spared by Dewalt’s saw blade. With its raking teeth design, it will provide you with quick results compared to its competitors.
It is usable with major reciprocating saws and this definitely makes it a fine choice for people who have different brands of saws at hand. It comes in a pack of 6 blades, with each blade varying in length and TPI measurements unlike our previous product, which gives you a wider set of options.
- Build Material: high quality steel
- Function: It is mainly used for heavy wood cutting and metal cutting
- Size: Each blade comes in different sizes
- Dimensions: 6.5 inches x 6.5 inches x 0.09 inches
- Weight: It weighs around 0.10 pounds (approximately)
- Quantity: It comes in a pack of 6
- Brand: Dewalt
- It is made up of premium quality steel
- It cuts through any surface
- It provides the latest raker tooth design
- It offers quicker cutting solutions
- It offers a greater variety of applications
- It comes with a 1 year warranty
- This product is only usable with reciprocating saws
- Type of steel is vague (Likely to be high-speed steel)
Coming from the well known German brand, Bosch, this product offers some amazing features. This product does not compromise on innovation or quality. It tries to fully maximize its usage to make sure you have a great experience with this product.
It is designed to withstand long and rough use, made up of hard carbon steel, this product is not here to play around. Induced with turbo-tooth technology, it will give you a true return on your investment. Promising to last three times longer than normal blades, this thing might stay with you for years.
Another feature developed by Bosch in this blade is its precision, which makes it extremely easy to cut deeper into tough and resistant surfaces, providing the best performance.
The 5 pack of blades hold different specifications and are color coded to make them easily identifiable, which is convenient. The blades are used for different surfaces and purposes and this surely gives a diverse and wide range of use for this product.
- Build Material: It is made up of carbon steel
- Function: It is used for wood cutting and pruning
- Size: 12 inches
- Dimensions: 0.41 inches x 2.25 inches x16.25 inches
- Weight: It weighs 0.57 pounds
- Quantity: It includes 5 blades
- Brand: Bosch
- It offers high end quality
- It provides 3 times more durability
- This product offers a variety of blades in one pack
- Uses innovative technology
- It provides extreme precision while cutting
- It can cut through multiple surfaces
- It provides a 30 days money back guarantee
- It must be used with reciprocating saws
- It is expensive compared to the other products on this list
Made up of bi-metallic compounds and 8% cobalt, this product might win the hardest product award on our list. Its teeth are made from electric beam technology with cobalt to provide you with the best cutting blade. With all these compounds blended in its built, we won’t be surprised at all if this product is still in your toolbox after years.
The precise cutting technique used to make this product also allows for faster and quicker turnover rate compared to standard wood saw blades.
This product provides you 25 blades in one pack at a surprisingly low cost. This might be the best deal for people who are looking for something awesome at a fairly low price.
- Build Material: Bi-metal construction and 8% Cobalt
- Function: It is used for wood and metal cutting
- Size: It comes in an 8 inches size
- Dimensions: 1.88 inches x 1.25 inches x 9.75 inches
- Weight: It weighs around 1.89 pounds
- Quantity: It comes in a pack of 25
- Brand: Irwin
- This product provides exceptional quality
- This item is made with electrical beam technology
- It provides maximum durability
- It comes with 25 blades in one pack
- This product cuts through hard and rough surfaces well
- It is relatively low priced.
- It is only compatible with reciprocating saws
- It does not come in different sizes
- Its length might not be optimum for some
We bring you, straight out of Japan, a high quality product from the Hitachi conglomerate. Hitachi, being a name for itself, has been in the tool making and equipment supplying business for several decades. The market leader presents us with the Hitachi HCS wood cutting saw blades, which will make sure you don’t encounter any problems while cutting wood ever again.
This product comes with a carbon steel blade, with 12 inches length and 6 teeth per inch.
The blade is 0.50 inches thick which provides a cutting depth of ¾ inch.
Its tapered design provides clean and fast cutting for various kinds of wood. This product also provides a 30 day guarantee.
- Build Material: It uses high carbon steel
- Function: To cut wood
- Size: It is made of a 12 inches long blade
- Dimensions: 12 inches x 0.8 inches x 0.1 inch
- Weight: It weighs 0.60 pounds
- Quantity: It comes in a pack of 5 blades
- Brand: Hitachi
- This product offers a sleek design
- This product is useful for different kinds of woods
- It provides great quality results
- It comes with a 30 day guarantee
- It does not offer different sizes
- It is only usable with reciprocating saws
- May not be compatible with other brands of saws
- It provides fewer blades in one pack
Back with another product from the US company Dewalt, this product comes with a better build quality over the previous one. The fortified teeth and the bi-metallic blade gives it a strength that no other competitor can match.
Designed with a 6 degree tilted angle to provide faster and easier cuts, this product also manages to leave behind its competitors in this race. It has a rate of 6 TPI.
The blade comes with a special coat of an anti-stick material which ensures that no delays occur while you are cutting wood.
- Build Material: Bi-metal formula
- Function: To cut wood and steel surfaces
- Size: It is available in a size of 6 inches
- Dimensions: 6.88 inches x 4.88 inches x 7.55 inches
- Weight: It weighs 2 pounds
- Quantity: Available in a pack of 100 and also available in a single unit
- Brand: Dewalt
- It offers high end quality
- It is highly durable
- It uses the latest design
- It comes with a special anti-stick coat
- It is available in a large quantity
- It is cheap
- It is only usable with a reciprocating motor saw
- It is not sold in optimum quantities, but rather in bulk
Buyer’s Guide: Which Blade Will Be Your Best Workmate?
The Industrial Blade: DEWALT (DW4856)
This is a perfect blade for those who are looking forward to a product that is specifically designed for industrial use.
Whether you want to cut through wood or hard sheets of metal, this Dewalt blade might prove to be your best friend.
The Heavy Duty Blade: Bosch Blades RP125
For people who might want something for hard and rough usage, this product will fit right in. It promises to last three times longer than other blades and manages to cut through any surface using its hard carbon steel.
This blade will make sure you cut all the extreme rough and tough surfaces you need to.
The Most Versatile Blade: DEWALT DW4802B
This product is for all general purpose wood cutting, made up of bi-metal steel it also provides good quality and durability. It might be a good option for someone who likes to carve furniture themselves and is suitable for domestic purposes. This blade is our best pick for an all around performance.
To get the best results, you must have the best saw blades, otherwise, this simple job of woodcutting will turn into a nightmare for you. Furthermore, low grade saw blades are prone to getting rusty in a short amount of time, putting all your investment down the gutter.
Wood cutting is an art which requires delicate tools and we are sure this guide has helped you to select the right blades for wood cutting. Do not forget to use safety equipment and make sure you follow the woodcutting safety guidelines. Good luck!