Screw guns are convenient tools that bring so much efficiency and productivity to projects. All you need to ensure is that they are comfortable to handle and they have the right power. That depends on your defined needs.
There are many screw guns in the market that have great features to serve you well.
Best Screw Guns
In this product buying guide, we compare the six best screw guns (sometimes referred to as electric screwdrivers) you can find. They have the right features, speed, and ergonomics that you will love. Here is what we have:
1. CACOOP Electric Cordless Screwdriver Rechargeable Set
This is an electric cordless screwdriver that comes in a carrying case that also has bit accessories. It is a battery-operated screwdriver with a new design for its driving shaft to help you efficiently work closely against a wall or a solid surface without having to work with awkward angles.
The screwdriver is palm-sized to give you more power and control for different projects.
It features a built-in direction indicator on the top that displays the motion of any screw in and out applications. It features a built-in LED light that helps to illuminate the working area to help you get more precision.
To recharge the tool, you don’t necessarily need a socket: the recharging can be done from a laptop, PC, or any gadget with the right port. It has a 4V Max lithium-ion battery to hold a charge for an extended period.
It comes with a bendable extension bit holder, magnetic bit holder, USB charging cable, and a zipper carrying case.
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 1.6 x 4.6 inches
- Product Weight: 1.65 pounds
- Good size to give you more power and control
- Designed to make it easy to work with at any angle
- Battery-operated and can be recharged from any point
- Built-in direction indicator to show you the motion
- Built-in LED light to illuminate the working area
- Some users complained it is cheaply made and did not last long
2. Pink Power PP481 3.6 Volt Cordless Electric Screwdriver
This is a more feminine screwdriver that comes in pink. It comes with a patented pivoting head that helps it to work in tight spaces quickly. It can be used as a right-angle screwdriver (pistol grip), or you can press the button on the handle to rotate the unit straight.
The tool features a built-in LED light that offers convenience when working in dark or confined spaces.
The screwdriver is not only lightweight but also has a soft-grip handle, which makes it easy to use. It uses a quarter-inch chuck that is compatible with standard-sized bits that can tackle any project you may have.
The drill is equipped with a battery gauge that can show you the power level. The tool has a 200 RPM motor that can handle most home improvement projects.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 4 inches
- Product Weight: 1 pound
- Has a handle that can do a 180-degree rotation
- Equipped with an LED battery gauge to track your battery levels
- LED light to illuminate what you are working on
- Has a powerful motor with a no-load speed of 200RPM
- Lightweight with a soft grip handle
- Some users found it to be too light
- Some users complained that it has poor battery life
3. NOUVCOO Cordless Screwdriver Set
This is a set that comes with 47-pieces kits: a screw gun, an extension driver, bits, and a plugged case. It has everything you will need for the job to get done.
The cordless screwdriver comes with a built-in battery that has a capacity of 1300mAh.
With the screwdriver, you can achieve accuracy and precision control as it can adjust the torque ring up to 6 nm, which also helps to strip and over-driving screws.
IT is easy to use with a handle that can rotate up to 180 degrees, making it easy to use in any setting. Its ergonomic handle ensures that you have comfort while using it. It is also lightweight and hence can be used by anyone.
The tool features a built-in LED light that can help in illuminating your work. There is a reverse button for convenient screw driving and screw removal. Finally, it has an anti-shock and moisture-proof design that makes it durable.
- Package Dimensions: 11.6 x 9.2 x 3.3 inches
- Product Weight: 3.29 pounds
- High battery capacity of 1300mAh
- 200 RPM gets the job done
- Anti-shock and moisture-proof design that makes it durable
- Has a no-reverse button for convenient screw driving and screw removal
- Built-in LED light can help illuminate your work in low light settings
- Its handle can rotate up to 180 degrees making it easy to use
- Offers quality precision and control
- Some users complained that it does not have enough power/RPM
- The battery needs to be recharged often
4. DEWALT Drywall Screw Gun, 6.0-Amp (DW255)
This is an easy to use HD VSR Dry Screwdriver. It has been made with a sensitive depth sensor with a set-and-forget nose piece so that you can fasten screws to a consistent depth.
The handle has a two-finger rubber trigger to give you more comfort. The tool has a high-speed transmission that is great for production drywall hanging.
The screw gunis lightweight with excellent ergonomics to give you a soft grip. The screw gun is made of helical-cut steel with heat-treated steel gears for longer life and durability.
The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
One downside: it’s corded. However, this also ensures enhanced output.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 10.25 x 3 inches
- Product Weight: 0.352 ounces
- Easy to use
- Depth sensitivity
- Ergonomic handle with a two-finger rubber trigger for more comfort
- High-speed transmission which is great for drywall
- It is durable and powerful
- Its clutch mechanism requires you to use more pressure if you want the drill to spin
5. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Drywall Screw Gun
This is a screw gun that is easy to convert to and from an auto-feed collated driving system. With it, you can easily change the screw sizes, connect or remove attachments without necessarily having to use a tool.
The drill is equipped with a disassembly release button that is handy when doing the occasional cleaning.
The motor has a high speed of 4400 rpm that gives much more speed/power than regular screw guns. The engine is also brushless so that the runtime can be maximized.
The drill has been designed to be both balanced and ergonomic to help you achieve accuracy and precision.
It has a nose cone lock for convenience and security, to give you a consistent screw depth.
The tool is equipped with LED light to illuminate your work surface.
- Product Dimensions: 9.13 x 2.75 x 5.44 inches
- Product Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Note: This option is battery powered
- Easy to use
- Has a disassembly release button for convenience
- High speed of 4400 rpm for high power and speed
- Balanced and ergonomic for precision
- LED light to illuminate the work surface
- Some users complained about the tool jamming
- It is not compatible with other DeWalt drills
6. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Brushless Drywall Screw Gun
This screw gun is characterized by a brushless motor to give you a corded performance with cordless convenience.
It has a nose cone that is both adjustable and removable to give you more accuracy and precision. It has a high motor that operates at up to 4700 rpm with a variable speed trigger that can be locked.
It features a heavy-duty clutch that can engage when the bit is connected to the fastener. The screw gun is quiet, so that the battery will last you a long time. It also has an LED light to provide you with illumination, especially in low light settings.
The tool comes with a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Package Dimensions: 10.4 x 8 x 3.4 inches
- Product Weight: 2.59 pounds
- High speed of 4700rpm
- Has a brushless motor for high performance
- Adjustable and removable nose cone for accuracy
- LED light for illumination
- Not magnetic
- It has a crew length limit
All the screw guns above are perfect choices, but here we help you out if you are still trying to settle on one. Here is a quick guide:
The screw gun with the highest no-load speed: When a screw gun has a high speed, it means that it is more powerful. In this case, the drill with the highest no-load speed is the Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Brushless Drywall Screw Gun, as it has a speed of 4700 rpm.
The screw gun with the longest warranty period: When it comes to warranty, all the guns will come with a guarantee of a specific period. That gives you the confidence that in case of anything, the company will take care of it.
When we compare the six, the one with the longest warranty period is the Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Brushless Drywall Screw Gun with a warranty period of three years. That also gives you the confidence that what you are buying is durable.
The screw that gives you the most precision and control: For high precision and control, aim for screw guns with the highest variable speeds. In this case, the Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Brushless Drywall Screw Gun has 4700rp.
Most affordable screw gun: When it comes to the buying price, the one with the lowest cost is the CACOOP Electric Cordless Screwdriver Rechargeable Set that retails at $20.99, and yet it comes as a set.
Our overall recommendation: As much as we can advise you of any of the six, our best judgment would be the CACOOP Electric Cordless Screwdriver Rechargeable Set as it is cheap and can do the job correctly. If you are not limited budget-wise, then we recommend the Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Brushless Drywall Screw Gun as it has high speeds, is durable, and comes with an extended warranty period.
As much as you probably already have in mind the screw gun to choose, it is also good to know how to buy one. Some of the factors to consider include:
Features: Nowadays, many tools come with extra features other than the basic ones to get the job done. For screw guns, some have additional features. For example, automated feeds, safety locks, and battery power vs. corded power.
Ergonomics: You need a drill with the right ergonomics to ensure that it is comfortable. The handle should have a soft grip to reduce vibration irritation. When you have the right fit, then it is easy to achieve the right angle.
“Nose sense”:When you have a screw gun, you will have to make adjustments. Most of the time this is done using a nose piece. When the nose piece is adjustable, then it will be easier to achieve precision. The nose piece also helps make in-depth adjustments that will help you work at any angle you want.
Price: Screw guns cost differently depending on their quality and features. It would help if you compared based on the features to find something that will give you value for money. High-end drills will most likely cost more since they come loaded with extra features, which is very handy.
Warranty: Most screw guns usually come with a 1-year warranty, but you can find those with a more extended warranty period. With the guarantee, you are sure of the quality and durability of the machine.
Screw guns are easy tools to use that are often less expensive than impact drivers. They are typically optimized for the task at hand and their portability and small profile allows most users to use them in tight spaces.
We hope this guide proved helpful in your search!